Welcome to the Stomp Fitness website. We wanted to take this opportunity to highlight information about the content of our website, how you can contact us, data protection, our liabilities and additional legal areas.
1) Stomp Fitness is managed and run by Joanna Mahan, a fully qualified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer.
2) if you’d like to hear more about us, if you have a complaint or want to provide any specific feedback then please email
About use of our site
3) you agree to use our site in accordance with these terms and conditions, only for lawful purposes and in a way which does not infringe the rights of anyone or restrict or inhibit anyone’s use and enjoyment of the site. If you don’t comply with these terms, we may deny you access to our site.
4) you may download and print content from our site only for your private, personal and non-commercial use. We do not guarantee or warrant that any material available for downloading is free from infection, viruses and/or other contaminating codes.
5) you agree to provide information that is truthful and accurate. You agree to use the sign-up forms on our site to make only genuine bookings for you or for other persons for whom you are authorised to act.
7) you will not use the site to send by e-card, email, post or otherwise transmit any material that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy, vulgar, obscene or profane.
8) you agree not to reproduce, distribute, modify or re-post our content on another site, frame or mirror our site or link to our site without our prior written consent.
9) you grant to us a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use (including but not limited to publishing, exploiting and modifying) any material you email, post or submit to us. For the avoidance of doubt, we will be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, content, text or images contained in your communications with us for any purpose whatsoever, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
About access to our site
10) we try to update our site regularly, so we may have to suspend access, service or functionality on our site from time to time, without notice. If required, we may have to close our site indefinitely. We will not be liable if, for any reason, our site is unavailable at any time or for any period of time. Some of the images that appear on our site are generic images.
11) as information or data transmitted to or from our site passes over public telecommunications networks, we can’t promise that the operation of our site will be secure, confidential, uninterrupted or error-free. You agree not to do anything that does or may interfere with the proper working of the site including but not limited to tampering with, or hacking into, the site or the servers on which it resides.
12) our site may have some sections accessible only by a user identification code and/or password. From time to time, we may restrict access to those sections, or to the entire site, to users who have registered with us. If you choose, or you are provided with, a password, you must treat such information as confidential and only use it yourself. We may disable or suspend your access or any password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time in our sole discretion. Our issuing of passwords is not a promise of continued use or access to the site or any data you might store on it.
About content on our site
13) we own or are the licensee of, the intellectual property rights in the content of our site, including but not limited to text, photos, graphic designs, images, audio, video recordings and any data entered or stored by you (the intellectual property rights in which you assign to us).
14) Stomp and the Stomp logo are registered trademarks of Stomp Fitness and are used under licence.
15) use of our site does not give you any right to use or reproduce any of its content or the trademarks on it.
16) our site may contain links to third party sites and resources. We have no control over the contents of those sites, resources or third parties and accept no responsibility for them, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. We do not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse any information placed on third party sites or resources.
About your privacy
17) your information is safe with us. Rest assured, we collect and process your personal information in accordance with the general data protection regulations (gdpr), the privacy and electronic communications (ec directive) regulations 2003 and all other applicable data protection legislation, as amended from time to time.
18) when you use our site or contact us by post, telephone, fax, or email, we collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us. This includes details such as your name, address, telephone, email and mobile phone number. We may also collect details of your computer’s internet protocol address and other details about your computer, which is automatically collected by our web server.
19) other than as set out in the rest of this paragraph we will not share your personal information with third parties for marketing or any other purposes without your consent unless we are required to do so by law. We operate an automatic opt-in policy which means that you have the choice to receive information from us on classes, our newsletter or third parties associated with Stomp and if, at any time, you would like us to stop contacting you, simply email us at or choose to unsubscribe from our email communications.
22) we have measures in place to prevent the loss of or unauthorised access to your personal information. While we do our best to ensure the security of your data, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the internet.
23) we use "cookies" to store and collect information regarding your usage of the site. These types of cookies are small pieces of information stored by the browser on your computer's hard drive. They send information stored on them back to our web server when you access our site. It helps us to know what you’re viewing on our site and how you navigate around the site, which ultimately helps us make improvements to the site.
About our liability
24) the material on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties, including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property, fitness for purpose, or accuracy or completeness of any information.
25) to the extent permitted by law, we and third parties connected to us exclude:
(a) all conditions, warranties and other terms which otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
(b) any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any sites linked to it and any materials posted on it, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
26) except as expressly set out in these terms, all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute, common law or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. However, nothing in these terms is intended to exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence.
27) commentary and other materials posted on our site do not amount to an offer to contract or advice on which reliance should be placed, and we do not intend that you should interpret it as such. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by anyone visiting our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any content on our site.
28) from time to time, we may update and change these terms without notice. You’ll always find the latest version of these terms on the website. Your continued use of our site will indicate that you accept and agree to any amendments.
29) if any of these terms are held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the remainder of these terms will continue in full force and effect.
31) you agree that any of our related companies may rely on and enforce these terms, but otherwise, we and you agree that no other third parties are to be given any rights under the contracts (rights of third parties) act 1999.
Last update: June 2020